Friday, September 18, 2009

Something New

It's been 18 years since I first opened my in-home child care business. So many things have happened during this time. I'm quite sure I've experienced every emotion there is. I've cried and I've laughed. I always thought the child caring experience would make a terrific book, but who has time to write? I'm running after kids all day! Although writing a book is on my "bucket list." And I have in fact written a children's book that I would love to have published. All I need is an illustrator. Visions from my head absolutely do not make it to paper. Not my thing. But oh, how I've gotten off the topic.

Another thing I've always wanted to try is writing a blog. This is a definite first for me and I'm not terribly sure where to start. Who would possibly want to read this stuff anyway? Perhaps my family. Maybe some other providers out there who just need a story in the middle of their day. Who knows? I suppose I'll begin by just writing for myself.

I have so many stories. Someday I may go back and recap some from the past. But for now, here's what happened yesterday.

The kids were spinning in the living room. This was after preschool time and while they were waiting for me to get lunch on the table. Kids love to spin. There was a time I thought getting dizzy was fun. I used to be a great amusement park guest. However, three pregnancies took care of that. I can no longer get dizzy! urp

Anyway (off track again) the kids were spinning. A* came running into the kitchen and had his hand covering his privates. He asks, "What is this thing called that is next to my penis?"

Quizically and cautiously I replied in a questioning manner, "A testicle?"

"Yeah, that's it. Well I need to rest because it got crunched."

At this point in any exchange, I typically find myself holding back the giggles that are lurking behind my smile. And so I replied to A*, "You're right. You should probably take a rest."

He didn't. I think he just wanted me to know. He ran right back out of the kitchen and proceded to continue spinning.

5 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!!! That made me laugh really hard...I needed that...I'm excited about your new blog...i always wanted to do one...i think it will be fun! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh also...i love the picture...really cute (good depth of field, i never mastered that skill in my photo class)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri, I'm SO thrilled you found the wonderful world of blogging! I didn't know you'd written a book!! I'd love to read it sometime! Maybe some visuals would come to my old artist brain!! Your story brought a wonderful laugh to begin my day with! Have fun with this! It is addictive I have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute story. i look forward to many more stories from Club Daycare. I raised two boys and had many fun times with them too. Some not so fun as well for sure but the good moments stay with us forever. It is so nice to share them with others. Thanks for doing so. Blessings and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello and welcome to Blog World. I came over here from Saundra's blog. Nice to meet you. Love the humor in your stories. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete